Translate

Saturday, January 16, 2016

Not Peace, but a Sword

An astounding comment, via Ad Orientem:
Robert Paxton said...

I have been mostly a Catholic lurker here over the years. Through that time, I have mostly found Anti-Gnostic's viewpoints to be irritating. As time has passed, however, I have found myself agreeing with him on tactics if not on other things.

I will vote for Trump gladly because I do not want to fix the status quo. I want gotterdammerung. I want to stick it to all the nancy boys and pantsuits in office. Given the power to do so, I would drag them all out onto the street and tar and feather them, which is much better treatment than their muslim ingenues would give them in the same position.

I have sons. This distinguishes me from many of my peers, who either have no children, have daughters or have simply one son. I have multiple sons; one is already 18. I have seen the way that this society destroys young men. God forgive me, I have been a part of this dilemma.

There is nothing for these young men to win in present day American society without kowtowing to the hollow men. All I wish is for them to have a future that does not involve slavery of the most vile kind to a society that is as sick as ours. Nihilism may be portrayed as childish but I can only see hope for them in the complete destruction of the status quo and an opportunity to rebuild.

Some may say that I will regret it if something bad happens to my sons in the resulting chaos. What can I possibly hope for? That they may die fighting a foreign war for the Obushma establishment? That they can try to marry and lose their property and children in a no-fault divorce? That they can either suffer ignominious unemployment or seek a meaningless degree in an overrated college?

Men like me have already decided. There is no point in persuading us. You can question our motives all that you want. I unnerve liberal peers when I tell them: stop trying to reason with us. You presume that we want peace. We want war. We do not want to negotiate reform with you. We want gotterdammerung. God forgive us, but it is the only solution that we can see. Perhaps another solution can be presented, but so far liberals have only presented more of the same. Given a choice between the status quo and chaos, I choose chaos. Let the whole structure crumble to the ground as long as I see the faces of my faggoty overlords overcome with fear on the way down.

Like I said, I am sure that people can come up with criticisms for the views of men like me but it no longer matters what others think. Our discontent is the future. I do not care what Trump does in office because, anymore, I just want revenge on certain segments of society that have profited from their own weaknesses rather than their ability to cope and to strive. I want to see their heads explode when he wins. If he does not accomplish anything, who cares? None of the others were ever going to do anything for me anyway. And, after all, all I really want is for my sons to be free to do more than function as cogs in the Party machine (see 1984 if you do not understand. I am sure that John and most readers here understand the reference even if they do not agree with me).
1/16/2016 12:47 AM

Robert Paxton's homepage is here.

Anybody can be anything on the Internet, but I can tell you a number of smart, accomplished men with families are getting angry. The folks showing up at Trump rallies are even angrier. We nerds on the Internet hide behind pseudonyms, because our views would get us hounded out of the well-paying jobs we hold to pay mortgages and tuitions. As this 52-year old Experiment approaches its denouement, what is old will be new again, and people will broach these topics as matter-of-factly as they do road repairs:

People are different, and thrive under different systems.
Not everyone is equally educable.
You are what your chromosomes are.
Welfare and foreign aid are dysgenic.
Biological evolution did not stop 100,000 years ago, and occurs from both the neck up as well as the neck down.
Money is not Wealth, and printing more of it does not make us wealthier.

These are matters of fact. Liberalism depends on their not being true. Reality can be held at bay for only so long.

6 comments:

Patrick Sheridan said...

I don't hide behind a pseudonym. In fact, I'm probably more open and honest about my views and identity than is prudent for so young a person, especially for someone applying ceaselessly for jobs in public services in which the doctrines of inclusion, diversity and multiculturalism are compulsory.

The Anti-Gnostic said...

Brave lad, Patrick Sheridan.

Corvinus said...

“Trump may be a total fraud who does nothing, but he is the only one raising the issue.”

Focusing on those problems is one thing. Actually implementing solutions is another. More importantly is Trump’s background--highly educated, eastern elitist. Hitching the wagon to him and not being relatively concerned that he heads off the cliff, all because you want the establishment to burn, well, that observably demonstrates you are willing to prostitute your principles in the process.

“For me, Trump is not so much a candidate as he is a weapon.”

A weapon of revenge and retribution, which decidedly are are SJW characteristics.

“I will vote for Trump gladly because I do not want to fix the status quo. I want gotterdammerung.”

Which completely discredits the author's position in which he wants sons to be able to grow and prosper. Interesting how his web page promotes the scourge of Wall Street.

“God forgive us, but it is the only solution that we can see.”
“We nerds on the Internet hide behind pseudonyms, because our views would get us hounded out of the well-paying jobs we hold to pay mortgages and tuitions”

The armchair warrior mentality is strong here with these comments. If one does choose “chaos”, take up the fight like Jefferson and Adams and Paine in the open rather than hope someone else does the dirty work first and you can come in to clean up the aftermath from the shadows.

“If he does not accomplish anything, who cares? “

Actually, those who truly embrace Trump as a person who will make changes care, rather than those merely want a “rebuild” to occur.

Bernard Brandt said...

Don't worry, Anti-Gnostic: if the powers that be wanted to 'out' you, your vaunted pseudonym would be breached as quickly as an overused condom. A dedicated hacker could probably accomplish it with a week's worth of effort. So don't be so damned smug.


That said, you have done a good posting. Alas, I fear that it will come down to a choice between the Blowhard and the First Felon. I have no hope that the First Felon will be brought down for her many felonies, much less her many incompetences. After all, we have the best political system (and system of criminal 'justice') that money can buy, and she has a two gigabuck warchest.

The Blowhard at least has the advantage of being both competent, and with a two gigabuck warchest of his own. Not that he needs it, though. He has already garnered a substantial percentage of the polls, and with an expenditure of only two hundred kilobucks worth.

We are living in the days of the Chinese curse: "May you live in interesting times."

Anonymous said...

You are an unapologetic evil man, Corvinus. May God have mercy on your soul.

Bert said...

The only thing worse than Corvinus doing his usual routine is the drooling middle-aged retards like Comment #5 who insist on talking about it.