Translate

Monday, April 21, 2014

Bright Week





I hope all had a Blessed Pascha and that everyone takes a healthy advantage of Bright Week. Christ is risen! Let us join the Bridegroom in the Feast of Feasts.

My wife and I remarked to each other that we often have the sense of a "year" running from one Pascha to the next, rather than the secular January to December or even, God help us, the Church's liturgical September to August.

However you mark it, here's to a "new year" at The Anti-Gnostic. LewRockwell.com isn't adding value any more, so he's gone. Mises.org remains the most comprehensive resource for Austrian economics so it stays for now.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's a pity about LRC, really. I used to read it religiously, then stopped 3 or 4 years ago when I realized that I knew in advance exactly what they were going to say about every single subject. His writers are sometimes sensible and sometimes obtuse, but they're always predictable.

Scotsman said...

You've all kept up huh? What's the usual fare there now?

The Anti-Gnostic said...

How abusive and incompetent the government is.

And that's it, article after article, day after day.

Scotsman said...

I remember the days when LRC had useful commentary. Not sure what happened.

Bert said...

They got investigated by Mark Potok and the SPLC some years ago, which obviously scared them.

Anonymous said...

OT, but Roissy is citing you today.

Porter said...

I didn't realize how popular Lew Rockwell is. Going by Alexa ratings, it beats every "alt-right" site handily.

I'm sure our host has already noted the Roissy traffic. About which I will solipsistically muse...he has sent my fledging vanity site a substantial volume of traffic. Something I will take the opportunity to thank him for at some point. As I'll take the opportunity now to thank AG as well for his earlier endorsement.

Loyalty and gratitude are character flaws that rarely survive the vetting process into America's ruling strata. Where they resultingly accumulate is where we can find traction.

Porphyry said...

I personally just go with the Jewish year. Aka the first new moon before Passover.