Translate

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Legitimate rape


Polanski Rape Case: 'I Don't Feel I Was a Victim'

Back in 1977 when dinosaurs roamed the Earth, a 44-year old film director named Roman Polanski gave a 13-year old girl named Samantha Geimer some champagne and a Quaalude. Then he proceeded to sodomize her.

Samantha is my age, married and the mother of three sons. Here she is putting her best foot forward:


This is how she looked when Polanski sodomized her:



She doesn't think she was raped, even though she was thirteen and a man 31 years her senior drugged and sodomized her.

Gennifer Flowers, now age 63, was a twenty-year old nobody employed by Arkansas state government who sexually serviced her boss, then-Governor Bill Clinton. She's still in love with him.

In 2011, Sinead O'Connor offered the following, in an all-out bid to get men to put their hands on her:
"I've been repeatedly asked will I 'do anal sex'. Let me make it very clear ... Any man I contemplate has to be into anal sex ... yes I 'do anal' and in fact I would be deeply unhappy if 'doing anal' wasn't on the menu, amongst everything else$$ So if u don't like 'the difficult brown' ... Don't apply."

The Cathedral likes to sling around the word "rape," as in the Der Spiegel article, but it's pretty clear that women have an inherently submissive streak, which means the bar for a criminal charge of rape can be more easily set too low than too high.

The Polanski-Geimer case doesn't even appear to be one of time healing all wounds. Mrs. Geimer seems pretty insistent that she regarded the occurrence as "sex" rather than "rape." (She was having regular sex with a peer at the time.)

Geimer: I didn't think so. I definitely wasn't the only one at the time. Roman was constantly asking me whether I liked it. I didn't reply. He was the movie director, so he could write his own dialogue. He asked me when I had had my last period. But I was too confused and too high to remember. Then he asked me: "Would you want me to go through your back?" I had no idea what he was talking about, but to be on the safe side, I said "no." When it did happen, I thought to myself: "Wait a minute, was that my butt?"

SPIEGEL: It sounds horrible. It's hard to listen to.

Geimer: It horrifies everyone. At the time, it wasn't clear to me that what was called sodomy was such a big deal. It wasn't as bad as everyone thought. It didn't hurt. I was high. All I cared about was that he would get it over with quickly so I could go home. I know that that too sounds odd today.

SPIEGEL: It sounds succinct.

Geimer: I didn't feel good just after that. But I know people who have had worse things done to them.

SPIEGEL: There are people whose lives are destroyed after an experience like that.

Geimer: I wasn't like that. I wasn't raised with that strange sense of shame. Sex wasn't evil. I knew what sex was. No one had ever drummed it into my head that sex was dirty or shameful. Besides, I wasn't afraid for my life. I wasn't afraid that he would hurt me.

Once, a female colleague in her 40's complained to me about after-hours meetings with a client who would down a couple of glasses of wine and then put his arm around her. I came close to telling her to be patient, and in a few more years he'd be avoiding eye contact.

3 comments:

SFG said...

I'm sure you've seen the SNL skit where it's only harassment if they're not cute?

Anonymous said...

Sorry to be obtuse, but eyes averted - spring lamb over mutton?

The Anti-Gnostic said...

That's how men are wired. That's why a woman needs to capitalize on her peak nubile years to get a man, have his children, maintain his household, and keep him around when her looks fade.